I am pleased and honored to be teaching at The Grace Milliman Pollock Performing Arts Center. It is the perfect place to share my life-long love of music by imparting to my students the knowledge and experience I have gained through many years of vocal study, performance and teaching. My goal is to provide the building blocks of solid vocal technique that will assist my students to advance toward their musical goals in their chosen musical genre, including Musical Theater, Choral, Sacred, Opera, Folk, Contemporary, Singer/Songwriter, etc; to inspire self-confidence in their ability and to develop in them an appreciation of all musical styles. Last but not least, I want my students to experience the pure joy of learning to sing well.
Lessons are personalized to fit the needs and goals of the individual student. Emphasis is placed on protecting and strengthening the voice through development of proper breath support and vocal exercises. Songs are selected according to the student’s ability and age and with the objective of assisting the student to expand vocal range, improve articulation, vocal quality, resonance, projection, phrasing and expression. Sight-reading, stage presence, and audition preparation are included.
• Master of Music in Voice, Colorado State University
• Bachelor of Music Education, University of Colorado
• Voice/Piano Double Major, Loretto Heights College, Denver, CO. – 2 years
• Private Vocal Study – 18+ years
• Private Piano Study – 14 years
• Private Voice Instructor-20 years
• Private Piano Instructor-10 years
• Graduate Teaching Assistant-Colorado State University
• Adjunct Voice Faculty Member-Colorado State University
• Voice Instructor-University of Puget Sound Community School
• Music Appreciation Instructor-Centralia Community College
• Music Director/Choral Director-Two churches in Olympia, WA.
• Leading Roles: “Violetta” in La Traviata, “Leanora” in Fidelio, “Donna Elvira” in Don Giovanni, “Pamina” in Magic Flute, “Antonia” in Tales of Hoffman
• Dancing/Singing Chorus – Annie Get Your Gun, Finian’s Rainbow
Oratorio – Cantata – Mass Concerts:
• Soprano Soloist: Masterworks Choral Ensemble, Olympia, WA. – Handel’s Messiah, Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony, Brahms Requiem, Mozart Requiem.
• Featured Soloist: Mozart’s Exultate Jubilate
St. Martin’s College Consort, Olympia, WA.
• Various churches in Colorado, Washington, Idaho, Oregon
Programs and Recitals
• Seattle Opera Preview Artist
• Recital Artist
• Coffee House and Restaurant Performances
• Vocal Scholarships: Colorado State Univ., Univ. of Colorado, Loretto Heights College
• Finalist: Metropolitan Opera Regional Auditions, Denver, CO.
• Audition Winner/Soloist: Olympia Symphony Orchestra
• Soprano Soloist: Washington State Capital Rotunda–Sunrise Service
• National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS)
• Sigma Alpha Iota Professional Music Fraternity